Mold and mildew is a mutual problem in almost every household, even those who sanitise their home carefully can still have areas such as the bathroom, kitchen, basement or attic that have more dampness and are there for more disposed to mold and mildew growth.

Mild forms of these types of fungi can typically be taken care of with dynamic cleaning and some bleach but what happens when your small problem turns into severe black mold damage?

You can usually sense black mold damage just by sniffing in the area that you think may have been affected. If you think you have a black mold difficulty but are unsure as to where it may be you can begin by stiffing around in typical suspect areas of your home such as the bathroom, kitchen, basement and attic. You can search about the mold prevention on the internet as well.

You can also check behind spoiled wallpaper, behind wall cabinets and below carpets, yellowish water marks on the ceiling is typically a telltale sign that you have a problem. Wood flooring that's nearby to the path of leaking water pipes are fair game, and so is furniture that has been visible to water but not has been systematically air-dried.

Once you have detected the problem area you need to take action fast as black mold damage can cause health problems such as stuffy nose and sore throat besides more serious problems such long-term damage that can impair your memory.